Denis C. Mitchell Partner
Denis C. Mitchell is an experienced trial attorney who has successfully represented individuals and families in complicated medical malpractice, wrongful death, product liability, and personal injury litigation. He has tried cases before multiple state and federal courts in the region and has obtained many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients.
Mr. Mitchell is an Adjunct Professor in Trial Advocacy at the Georgetown University Law Center. He has been chosen to serve in leadership positions in multiple organizations, including Chair of the D.C. Bar Tort Law Section and President of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C. (2014) and was honored that organization’s 2014 Trial Lawyer of the Year. He has written for quarterly publications and made presentations on important developments in case law, including recent civil cases handed down by state and federal courts in the District of Columbia.
Mr. Mitchell is fluent in Spanish, having spent a year teaching and studying in the Economics Department at the University of Navarre in Pamplona, Spain.
Prior to joining Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato LLP, he was a litigation associate at Piper Rudnick, LLP (now DLA Piper) in Baltimore, Maryland, where he litigated patent and trademark cases and commercial disputes.
Honors & Awards
2014 Trial Lawyer of the Year, an honor bestowed by the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Mr. Mitchell has been recognized by Best Lawyers® and SuperLawyers® as a leading practitioner in the District of Columbia since 2011.
Medical Malpractice & Personal Injury
- 8.3 million verdict in wrongful death/medical malpractice case in the Circuit Court of Anne Arundel County on behalf of local mother and restaurant proprietor who died during a medical procedure.
- Successful representation of multiple patients who received unnecessary stents.
- Successful representation of patient who suffered brain injury resulting from meningitis.
- Co-counsel in multi-million dollar verdict on behalf of consumers in home mortgage/loan closing fraud cases.
- Successful representation of multiple stroke victims who suffered life altering brain injuries.
- Successful representation of multiple victims of commercial motor vehicle accidents involving tractor trailers, school buses, and trash removal vehicles.
- For more information about other matters where Denis Mitchell has successfully represented victims of medical negligence or other cases involving catastrophic injuries please contact Jocelyn Gould at 202-661-0944.
Adjunct Professor at Georgetown Univeristy School of Law 2007-Present
July 20, 2015
The firm announces a name change to Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato LLP, recognizing the strategic leadership and exceptional contribution of partner, Andrew M. BeatoPress Release
Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a First-Tier Firm in Washington, DCRecognized in White Collar Criminal Defense, Medical Malpractice & Personal Injury LitigationPress Release
- District of Columbia
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- Notes and Comments Editor, Maryland Law Review
- Member, Order of the Coif
University of Virginia, B.A.
University of Navarre in Pamplona, Spain