Rebecca Ruby Anzidei Partner
Rebecca Anzidei is a partner specializing in complex commercial litigation. She has a broad-based practice and has handled a variety of matters including contract, consumer fraud and other business tort disputes; securities class actions; antitrust investigations; consumer protection litigation; RICO and unfair business practice issues; retaliation, whistleblower and civil rights lawsuits; defamation counseling; construction; False Claims Act cases; credit card, banking, mortgage lending, debt collection and other financial services disputes; bankruptcy adversary proceedings; products liability; insurance litigation; and multiple regulatory investigations by the SEC, NASD, FDIC, FTC, DOL, DOJ, Department of Insurance and multiple state attorneys general.
Ms. Anzidei has appeared before federal and state courts and arbitration panels across the country. She represents clients across a wide array of industries including investment bank, credit card companies, mortgage brokers and other financial services entities, construction, manufacturing, food, oil companies, software and technology services, energy, sports teams, and insurance companies. She has also litigated pro bono matters involving child neglect and adoption.
Honors & Awards
Nominated in Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Construction, and Litigation-Insurance (2015)
- Trial counsel for leading engineering, procurement and construction contractor in a large commercial arbitration regarding a multi-billion dollar power plant project. Secured complete defense award for client after 19-day arbitration hearing.
- Trial counsel for a global technology corporation in a two-week bench trial in Minnesota on whistleblower and fraud claims. The court returned a decision in the client’s favor and dismissed all claims against the client.
- Trial counsel for an international paper manufacturer in the Eastern District of Virginia Bankruptcy Court seeking to confirm a sale of its assets. After two days of testimony, the court approved the sale.
- Counsel for Virtus Pharmaceuticals, LLC in a suit alleging theft of trade secrets, unfair trade practices, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, and breach of contract claims against a competitor as well as former Virtus employees. Achieved a successful outcome for our clients.
- Counsel for a national credit card company in litigation with the FTC and the FDIC regarding allegations of unfair and deceptive business practices. After securing several positive rulings from the court, including the ability to depose the federal government, the matter was settled.
- Counsel for a national debt collection company in a three-judge arbitration involving claims of breach of contract stemming from FTC and FDIC investigation.
- Counsel for an international construction company in an arbitration regarding the largest construction project in the history of Wisconsin. After conducting targeted discovery, the matter was resolved favorably for the client.
- Counsel for a global financial services firm in multiple complex federal antitrust and securities class action lawsuits involving allegations of underwriter misconduct in allocating IPO stock.
- Court-appointed trial counsel for plaintiff in a child neglect and adoption lawsuit. After a two-day trial, the court found for the client and granted the petition.
- Represented clients in regulatory inquiries and in investigations before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, the FDIC, NASD, the Department of Labor, the Department of Insurance, the Department of Justice, the New York Attorney General and other state attorneys general.
Community & Professional Activities
- Presenter, American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Young Executive Development Program, 2015
Christopher Corcoran, et al. v. CVS Health Corporation (3:15-cv-03504)
Hausfeld and Stein Mitchell File Class Action Against CVS for Alleged Scheme to Defraud Pharmacy PatientsPress Release
- District of Columbia
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude
- Administrative Editor, American Criminal Law Review
- Article, Perjury, Project, Thirteenth Survey of White Collar Crime, AM. CRIM. L. REV., Spring, 1999
- Note, Apprehending the Weapon Within, AM. CRIM. L. REV., Spring, 1999
Brown University, B.A., Law & Public Policy and Sociology