Peter McCool is an associate of Stein Mitchell with an extensive medical background as a practicing board certified Emergency Medicine Physician as well as having previously served as a Medical Director and Faculty of both the Universities of Wisconsin and Illinois. With superior analytical and research skills and in-depth medical knowledge, he uses his medical expertise and legal experience to represent individuals and their families in cases involving serious injury or wrongful death and medical malpractice.
Before joining Stein Mitchell, Dr. McCool served as Law Clerk for Tomasik Kotin Kasserman, L.L.C. He has also served as an Emergency Medicine Physician in a number of hospitals and other medical institutions since 2007. Dr. McCool received his Juris Doctor from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2020, and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine, completing his Emergency Medicine Residency at Resurrection Medical Center in 2007.
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching – University of Wisconsin EM Residency
- Public Service Award – University of Wisconsin Police Department
- Community Service Award – University of Wisconsin Police Department
- Tomasik Kotin Kasserman, L.L.C., July 2020 - November 2020
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
Resurrection Medical Center, Post-Graduate Training PGY1-3 (Emergency Medicine Residency)
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine, M.D.
- DC (pending)
Community & Professional
- University of Wisconsin, EM Residency Board Review Member
- American College of Emergency Physicians, Member
- Emergency Medicine Residents Association , Member
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine, Member
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, Member
- UWEMRP, Practice Oral Board Examiner,
- UWEMRP, Board Review Prep Faculty Advisor
- Midtown Center for Boys, Tutor
- Med-Spanish Program in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, Participant