Richard A. Bussey Partner
Rich Bussey has been representing persons injured due to the fault of others in D.C., MD and VA for more than 39 years. He has successfully handled hundreds of cases of nearly every type, but most often takes on cases involving pedestrian and bicycle accidents, truck, bus, auto, motorcycle, and train crashes, falls and premises accidents, construction site injuries, gas explosions, defective products, and medical malpractice lawsuits.
Mr. Bussey was born in Cleveland, Ohio on December 16, 1950. He wrote broadcast and print advertising in Cleveland, Ohio and Boston for two years before deciding to pursue a career in the law.
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers® Washington D.C. (2018)
- WASHINGTON’S BEST LAWYERS 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009
- WASHINGTONIAN Magazine selects Richard Bussey for his outstanding record of achievement as a top Personal Injury lawyer.
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA'S TOP LAWYERS 2016
- Richard Bussey has been selected by his peers as a Top Lawyer in Northern Virginia and recognized in Northern Virginia Magazine.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Community & Professional Activities
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- District of Columbia
Wake Forest University, J.D.
Ohio University, B.S., summa cum laude, Journalism