Andrew M. Beato is the Chair of the False Claims Act and Whistleblower Practice Group at Stein Mitchell Beato & Missner LLP. His practice focuses on representing whistleblowers in the United States and abroad. Mr. Beato has substantial experience representing clients in high-profile government fraud investigations with state and federal agencies, including the Department of Justice, State Attorneys General Offices, the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Department of Defense. In addition, Mr. Beato represents clients in complex international whistleblower claims involving financial entities alleged to have violated tax, securities, commodities, and health care laws. The whistleblowers represented by Mr. Beato have contributed to more than $3.5 billion in payments to federal and state governments, including $2.6 billion paid by Credit Suisse for conspiring to aid and assist taxpayers in filing false returns.
WASHINGTON’S TOP LAWYERS (2013-2020)
- WASHINGTONIAN Magazine selects Andrew Beato for his outstanding record of achievement as a Whistleblower lawyer.
THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS TOP 100 TRIAL LAWYERS (2014-2020)
American University, The Washington College of Law, J.D.
- Staff editor, The American University Journal of International Law and Policy
Boston University, 1991, summa cum laude with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Community & Professional
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Maryland State Bar Association
Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
News & Media Mentions
- Walgreens To Pay Feds And States $60M In Largest-Ever Settlement By A Pharmacy Chain For Overcharging For Drugs01.22.2019
- Stein Mitchell Represented a Successful Whistleblower in $50 million Settlement of a Civil Fraud Lawsuit01.19.2017
- Worth the price? Push for cheaper generic drugs has Canadians buying questionable medicines from IndiaOriginally Published in The National Post
- Originally Published in The Hindu
- Originally Published in Bloomberg Business
- Originally Published in The Economic Times
- Press Release
- Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato LLP Announces $16.5 Million False Claims Act Settlement for Unnecessary Heart Procedures Performed by St. Joseph Health SystemPress Release
- Saint Joseph London Hospital To Pay $16.5 To Settle False Claims Act Allegations of Unnecessary Heart Procedures01.28.2014
- Four Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato LLP Attorneys Named to Elite List of “Best Lawyers” by WASHINGTONIAN MagazinePress Release
- Press Release
- Stein Mitchell Muse Cipollone & Beato LLP Announces Largest Generic Drug Whistleblower Settlement in HistoryPress Release
- Chapter Co-author, ABA Consumer Law Developments
- Author, Newly Independent and Separating States' Succession to Treaties, 9 Am. U.J. Int'l & Pol'y 525 (1994).
- Co-author, The Law of Law Firms (West) (2d ed. 2012).