Rich Bussey has been representing persons injured due to the fault of others in D.C., MD and VA for more than 40 years. He has successfully handled hundreds of cases of nearly every type, but most often takes on cases involving pedestrian and bicycle accidents, truck, bus, auto, motorcycle, and train crashes, falls and premises accidents, construction site injuries, gas explosions, defective products, and medical malpractice lawsuits.
Mr. Bussey was born in Cleveland, Ohio. He wrote broadcast and print advertising in Cleveland and Boston for two years before deciding to pursue a career in the law.
- SuperLawyers ® Washington, D.C. (2018)
- Best Lawyers® Washington, D.C. (2020)
- WASHINGTON’S BEST LAWYERS (2009 - 2018)
- WASHINGTONIAN Magazine selects Richard Bussey for his outstanding record of achievement as a top Personal Injury lawyer.
- NORTHERN VIRGINIA'S TOP LAWYERS 2016
- Richard Bussey has been selected by his peers as a Top Lawyer in Northern Virginia and recognized in Northern Virginia Magazine.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Wake Forest University, J.D.
Ohio University, B.S., summa cum laude, Journalism
- District of Columbia
Community & Professional
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America