Jonathan E. Missner Managing Partner
Jonathan E. Missner is the Managing Partner of Stein Mitchell Cipollone Beato & Missner LLP. He is also Chair of the firm’s Global Practices and Corporate Strategy Groups. Mr. Missner has been an Adjunct Professor of Law at Georgetown University Law Center since 2000.
Mr. Missner helps guide clients who face high-impact legal and operational challenges. With his background leading businesses on a global platform, he works with clients on their most complex matters, including regulatory and policy issues, venture capital and emerging companies, growth, and corporate governance.
As Chair of the Corporate Strategy Group, Mr. Missner focuses his practice on evaluating litigation risks and benefits, controlling costs, advising growing businesses, and creating value-driven partnerships. As Chair of the Global Practices Group, Mr. Missner leads the firm's effort to offer its services in more areas and markets around the world. He also advises clients who seek to grow and thrive in a global environment. Mr. Missner has a proven track record of maintaining and creating synergistic partnerships based on his worldwide relationships.
Prior to joining Stein Mitchell Cipollone Beato & Missner LLP, Mr. Missner spent more than a decade at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee ("AIPAC"), most recently as Managing Director, National Affairs. He led AIPAC’s strategic planning, grew and managed its network of national offices, and worked closely with its Board of Directors. Among AIPAC's many successes during his tenure, revenues tripled under Mr. Missner's direct leadership.
Prior to joining AIPAC, Mr. Missner led two high-growth businesses in the health care field. With Phillips Health, he led the company through substantial growth and served as in-house counsel for all regulatory matters. He co-founded AmericasDoctor.com and developed the company’s marketing and business development plan, strategic growth, funding, and affiliate programs. In less than two years, he helped the company establish a sustainable base of revenue and execute a strategic exit.
Mr. Missner holds a J.D. from Georgetown, an M.B.A. from the George Washington University and a B.A. from Johns Hopkins University. He is an avid tennis player, an active volunteer in his community, and the father of three children.
- Counsel for Virtus Pharmaceuticals, LLC in a suit alleging theft of trade secrets, unfair trade practices, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, and breach of contract claims against a competitor as well as former Virtus employees. Achieved a successful outcome for our clients.
- Affinity Gaming v. Trustwave (D. Nev.): Represents Affinity Gaming, a U.S. casino company in a lawsuit against Trustwave, the data security company Affinity Gaming hired to investigate and help remediate a data breach; Affinity Gaming alleges that Trustwave misrepresented its investigation and the security of Affinity Gaming’s data. The matter is pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada and has received considerable press coverage from a wide range of legal, business, and technology media.
- State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR): Represented SOCAR before the House Ethics Committee and the Office of Congressional Ethics. This matter was covered on the front page of The Washington Post and other international publications. The investigation was closed.
- Represented Life Alert, founder of the medical alert industry, in an enforcement action before the FTC to stop the dangerous and illegal tactics of a competitor, which negatively affected the industry.
Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 2000 - Present
- Course: Alternative, Complementary and Integrative Medicine, The Legal Issues
Jonathan E. Missner and Robert B. Gilmore represent Affinity Gaming in a lawsuit against Trustwave.Originally Published in The Hill
Missner will chair the Firm’s new Global Practices and Corporate Strategy Groups and serve as Managing PartnerPress Release
- District of Columbia
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
The George Washington University, M.B.A.
Johns Hopkins University, B.A.